Sunday, April 28, 2024

Tulum 2024 - Lucky Traveler

 Without the distraction of t.v. and the internet one has time to ponder and self reflect. The name of my blog is luckytraveler57, the 57 a reference to the year I was born. The name refers to my good fortune in seeing many special places at special times. Witnessing the eastern bloc countries of Europe during the soviet era, walking the outside perimeter of each floor of the leaning tower of Pisa, climbing the pyramids of Chichen Itza and walking, as countless others have over the centuries, across the floor of the Parthenon, these last three activities are no longer allowed. 

I like to think of myself as a traveler rather than a tourist. I don't desire to lie by a pool or on a beach, I have a beach at home. I long to see, to smell, to taste, to feel my surroundings. These are the things that satisfy my curiosity and enrich my soul. 

I am getting older, there is no denying age, but, as long as I am able, I wish to keep traveling. 


1 comment: