Thursday, April 11, 2024

Tulum 2024 - The Defendant Would Like to State His Case

 There may be some, particularly those noting the comments which ended my previous post, that would remark upon the hypocrisy of my eco conscious views by pointing out that I have flown to many of the destinations I have visited. I would rebut those criticisms with these facts.

I live in a modest apartment in a midrise building. I do not drive or own a car. I walk, bike ride or use public transit for virtually all of my day to day travel. I live in an eco conscious city with an abundance of green space, much of it being returned to it's native prairie state. I do not eat red meat, only poultry and fish, as much as possible sustainably caught. I use my possessions until they are falling apart or lost by airlines. 

I attempt, in my day to day life, to mitigate my toil on the planet while still striving to see as much of it as possible. The defense rests.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment