Monday, November 1, 2021

New York City - 10/05/80 - 10:50 p.m.

 Last night, Christopher Street after having dinner this small party at the seminary C's (my host/2021) friend G lives in. He looks gay, goes to gay palaces and professes to be straight. Ah well (kinda cute too). Anyway, Polk is more fun than what I saw of Christopher. At least the street. Polk is busier with different and diverse people - it's also brighter, more street lights and bars and such.

Coming home my numb brain hosts decided to take the #1, transfer to the express and then transfer back to the #1, therefore saving time. After leaving the #1 we discovered the express wasn't running. This at 1:30 in the morning when I was suffering from jet lag city. (also, we smoked some pot and got toasted on sangria). I bought 3 small ceramic pins (3 for $5) off a street seller, G bought a pink flamingo ceramic pin. Well, eventually we got home and to bed. 

I was the first too rise this morning among the three of us, about 1 p.m. P (C's boyfriend/2021) and I went down to the Met. The Egyptian temple is quite impressive. I will have to go back to view the 19th century art gallery. There were 3 full rooms of Degas' painting and sculpture. I was in heaven, brain cells bursting by the thousands. It was incredible. In one opulent bedroom from a palace in Venice P remarked, "Well, if you've got this far you sure as hell are going to get laid". The furniture and "things" were nice but when we got to the art works it was getting late and we didn't have time to do them justice (hence my going back later). The costume gallery was closed off till November, I was a little bit wrecked about that, but otherwise it was a wonderful trip.

Came back home via Central Park West (hot apartment houses) and 97th street to Broadway, bought salad makings and came home. We bullshitted, cut C's hair and then dinner was served. We proceeded to eat ourselves into a stupor (chicken, stuffing, small amounts, green beans with almonds, or some kind of nut) then I brought out some weed and P and I proceeded to get high as everyone else turned it down, which was a real wreck from the stoneheads I am used to. Her roommates are nice enough but they are the normal intellectual students, the kind that tend to drive me up the wall. Heavy into politics (there are a couple of other topics which even I cannot decipher here, and it is my own writing!/2021), and such, and also discussed (in great detail) medieval history. One argument was whether there were more Edwards or Henrys on the English throne (how relevant). There is no answer as the two debaters could not come up with a mutually acceptable date for the beginning of England (what fun). I will be spending mucho time away from the apartment. 

Tomorrow Liberty Island and (hopefully) Christopher Street again to pick up some cards and the like. Both of these activities with P. So much to do, so little time. I'll have to come back again (hopefully with more interesting people) to play another day. Its' a nice place to visit but I'm beginning to feel like I wouldn't live here (at least not this far uptown), but I'll have fun and explore by myself. ah well, till tomorrow.


2021 As a teen I got a cosmetologists license and at this point was managing a department store beauty salon, hence the cutting hair remark. I did edit this post lightly because 40 years after I wrote this even my own handwriting was impossible to decipher. I did make a return trip to New York (2 in fact ) but not until 1994 and 1995, oddly, staying with a couple I had met in Key West who lived exactly 4 blocks away from where I stayed during this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment