Monday, October 25, 2021

New York City - 10/4/80 - 7:00 P.M.

 Arrived 6:00 a.m. (left 15 minutes late, still got here on time). Slept for the day, took a leisurely time waking up (2 p.m.). About 3 took a leisurely walk around the Columbia campus and then paid an awe inspiring visit to St. John the Divine. Beautiful stained glass, vaulted ceilings, embroidered and jeweled vestments along the sides. I was impressed. Massive brass doors depicting religious scenes, especially enamored of the "Creation" series, almost surreal, very geometric. 

Mom and A(my mom's husband/2021)had a special joint of $200 an ounce grass waiting for me last night. A got wasted in the car on the way to the airport. R (my sister/2021) was there as well (surprise), C (my host/2021) and P (her boyfriend/2021) met me at J.F.K. and we promptly got lost in the N.Y.C. subway system. 1 hour trip turns into1 and a half hours. Fun! C likes her household this year, this is heartening. Still want to figure out what gives with P and her, ah well. 

Most impressed (I reiterate) with St. Johns - will send M and P (my brother and sister in law) a postcard or something from there. Going out to dinner with one of C's friends tonight in the village. Will write what it is about after it happens. Must iron my blue cords, I feel real attractive in them. Laundry mid week is going to be a must I fear.


Meanwhile back in 2021 - I've given relationships in parentheses followed by 2021 to make things as clear as possible. Obviously I really liked those blue cords although I have absolutely no recollection of them. I guess they fit my young ass well. 


1 comment: