Saturday, March 28, 2020

Coronavirus19 Diary - The Luxury of Time

The luxury of time. When I am working I yearn for it. Now that I am furloughed I have an excess of it. I struggle to fill it, as opposed to my usual life when I struggle to find it. Now I drag tasks out instead of completing them as quickly and efficiently as possible. I stay up later than usual, wake up later than usual, savoring it, knowing that at some point I will once again have to wake up when the sky is still dark. In my usual life I am in suits and ties 5 days a week. Now I dress in pajamas, or track pants or gym shorts when I leave the apartment to go to the grocery store, do laundry or run up and down the fire stairs in our building, trying to keep as fit as possible while gyms are closed. I take on tasks I had put off because I lacked time. I still have other tasks planned before I return to work, because, right now, I have time.

1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of unexpected lessons and findings in these times. Yours is a good example: people finding time again and - gasp - a sense of boredom. Yet I hope it brings some relaxation and self-growth the sort of things only Time can bring.

    ReplyDelete