Friday, March 20, 2020

Coronavirus19 Diary - 3/19/20 - Attacking Home Improvement Projects

Cloudy, rainy, my husband has to have emergency dental surgery due to pain. The t.v. news is exhausting.

I am dying for exercise. Since I have a load of laundry to do anyway I decide to use the stairs instead of the elevator. We live on the 9th floor, the laundry room is on the 1st. 9 floors down, 9 floors up, repeat 3 times, twice carrying laundry. It helped. I may do it several times over the next days.

Quite some time ago one of my husbands clients gave us a cache of quite tarnished silver plate dishes. 2 sizes of parfait cups, sherbet cups, small liqueur cups. We have never had the time to restore it to it's original splendor. Now seems the perfect opportunity. From under the black patina gleaming metal appears, although it takes 3, sometimes 4, go arounds before the transformation is complete.

The furniture store calls to schedule the delivery of our new sofa. I explain our situation and that I can't schedule anything until, once again, I have full contact with my employer. I quip that "When this is over we will know what everyone's real hair color is." She quips back "And what their eyebrows truly look like." My husband adds later "Then there are those women with the nails" fluttering his fingers.

I look at the calendar and realize how many days I have before I return to work. I learn I will receive pay for 3/4 of my normal working hours, better than nothing at all. When you come right down to it where am I going to spend it right now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment