Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Washington/Oregon 2021 - My Special Skill Set

 My niece had the wedding scheduled, on paper, down to 15 minute intervals. All persons involved were given their assignments and the time frames in which they were to be accomplished. Understand she was not overbearing, the dreaded bridezilla, in fact far from it, she was just exceptionally organized. Even I had a job.

At 3 p.m. the grooms party was to report to the lobby of my hotel for me to tie their bow ties. Apparently I was the only person in the small county of 3000 that possessed this skill. They arrived 15 minutes late. I was a little concerned that their tardiness would result in my niece having them lined up and shot for fouling up her meticulously crafted plans, making my tie tying skills all for naught. Apparently she forgave them as they were still alive when my husband and I arrived at the wedding venue, my niece's spacious yard, their ties still tied. 

There was a certain sense of pride in my instructional abilities as my new nephew in law became rather adept at adjusting and tightening the ties of his groomsmen. That is until the reception when they were uniformly untied and eschewed altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment