Wednesday, June 6, 2012

500 Views 6 Continents

I began writing these posts in a travel journal during a Caribbean cruise in March of 2011. In June 2011 I set up this blog and began to post my travel journal entries. This blog became a creative outlet , as well as a way for me to set my memories down "on paper" without amassing large numbers of spiral bound notebooks in our modestly sized apartment. After repeated comments from friends and acquaintances I came to the realisation that I had been extremely fortunate, "lucky", over the years to see the places I have seen at the times I have seen them. I have been extremely "lucky" to meet and know some of the people I have known over the years. There have been challenging periods over these years but from my eternally optimistic, glass half full, perspective; in always keeping myself open to new experiences as they come along, I have been the recipient of much good fortune.

In May I reached two, what are to me, important milestones in regards to my blog. Assuming my stats are correct, I have had over 500 views of my posts. Also, I have had views from all continents, excepting Antarctica. As only 2 dozen or so people live there I don't see myself breaking through that barrier any time soon.

Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to view my postings. I appreciate and value each one. My sincere hope is that you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment