Friday, January 21, 2022

New York City - 10/13/80 - 8:30 p.m.

 Didn't write on the plane on account of no pen. Got up and packed then went for lunch. The trip to JFK and check in was was uneventful. The plane however was 30 minutes late taking off, some baggage mix up. Then heavy winds delayed us another 15 minutes so we arrived at 9:30. Mom and A (my stepfather/2022) were too burned out to call beforehand to see if the plane was gonna be on time, then the baggage was late getting on the carousel because a garment bag got caught, then we had trouble getting out of the parking lot because Mom and A went in the wrong entrance. 

At home J (my roommate/2022) was expecting J (I guess a boyfriend, I don't really remember/2022) and wanted me to stay up. I did till about 11:30 and then couldn't deal with it anymore. I went to bed. Sat next to a lawyer on the way back who proceeded to get smashed all the way home. 

Work was alright. I took a contact to help with my cold and was spaced all day. Had lunch with S.T. (a coworker/2022), dished people in the store. Got invited to her Halloween party November 1st. Went home early because I couldn't deal with it and was falling asleep. 

Wallpaper starts tomorrow, also have an interview with one of the other models for the fashion show (male), god only knows what I'm going to do with his hair!

Cleaned, took a nap, quiet night at home etc.


2022 Several things stood out to me as I transcribed this, my yearning to return home, which persists to this day when traveling, my distaste for New York, which persists to this day when visiting it, and my extreme innocence and naivete, which has changed with the trials and experiences of life over the last 40 plus years. 


1 comment: