Friday, January 21, 2022

New York City-10/11/80-7 p.m.

 Play was about an 8 - music was pleasant, acting was the pits but not the actor's fault, on the directors. An actor can only do so much when he's not told what to do. Then went out drinking. At Boot and Saddle met a woman and her 4 male companions, 2 were lovers, two might have been and one of those was a dance teacher from Akron, Ohio so we had something to talk about. They left, I left and as I walked out the door there was the group smoking a joint. I joined them and then came home to find C's (my host/2022) door shut. 

Figuring it was an improper time to enter S & J (two of my hosts roommates/2022) asked me to join them at a jazz bar down the street. The band was hot, the drinks were exorbitant (like everywhere) but I had a good time and met a woman who had spent the summer in S.F., found out she likes S.F. better than N.Y.C. although she's moving to Boston. 

Drunk for days when I got home. Am getting along better with C's roommates (except E). S and I and J had a great time last night, E and I have had several interesting talks and C has a hidden charm. Last night before I went to the show J and E and S had to check out what I was wearing and ok it. 

This morning went to Macys and shopped around town. Bought an Empire State building with a thermometer in it and a tacky ashtray. P (my hosts boyfriend/2022) and I ate lunch at Nathan's and drank (again) at Boot and Saddle. There we met a fascinating man that ran a store in the village and kept us entertained talking with us until we discovered we were late getting back to meet C. 

The subway stopped running at 96th. The only way to get home was to take an express to 135th and take a local back (MTA fucks up again). P and I walked from 96th. Got to the dorm and E's (my hosts roommate/2022) mother, father, sister, sister's boyfriend, sister's boyfriend's brother and his roommate were all over. E's sister's boyfriend's brother and his roommate had lived in the 600 block of Powell in S.F., so we talked S.F. politicians and locales. It was wonderful. Her boyfriend (?) was overtly friendly as was one of J's friends (male) last night. I wondered if they wee bi or just friendly or if I don't look gay on this coast or just what. Ah well. Meeting S (my host's friend/2022) tonight (if all goes as planned) and then off to home (thank god!) tomorrow. Will write on the plane or sometime tomorrow. 

It will be so nice to be back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment