Saturday, September 5, 2020

Coranavirus19 Diary - Fall's Future

 It is beginning to feel like fall. The sun comes in from a different angle, slanting across the landscape instead of warming it from directly above, as it does during summer's apex.

I watch a country in crisis. Led by a man that behaves like the mad Roman emperors of legend, who pits citizen against citizen, perhaps believing that by dividing us he will conquer. It is difficult to look forward to the future during these times, it takes all one's energy just to wade through the present.

We are more fortunate than some. Over time we were able to put away money for a rainy day and things  seem to be opening up in my industry, hard hit by the pandemic and lock down, partial lock down, another great failing by our current leader. I feel for those with children, scraping to get by, once proud working people forced into long lines at food banks.

I have faith that this will someday be history. Another chapter of "I remember when". I have faith that somehow, through either chaos or compassion and compromise, our country will reinvent itself. I do not have faith in what I desire to lie on the other side, a kinder, gentler, more unified society, will come to pass. I will go through time toward the future one moment at a time, waiting, witnessing and trying as I do to make sense of it all.


1 comment:

  1. well said; it will someday by history but no one knows how long it will be until it becomes such.

    ReplyDelete