Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Guadalajara 2019 - Jewelry Shopping, A Favorite Pastime

Outside of the Instituto Cultural Cabanas there is a long block filled with jewelry vendors. Case after case are packed glittering metal and stones of every imaginable color.

I LOVE JEWELRY! Our modest condo is packed with art, antiques and artifacts, some pieces I can trace back 3 generations. There is little room left for anything additional. Jewelry is small. I use it literally every day. With this in mind when I travel I can collect and purchase it guilt free. Of course I have the typical tee shirts as travel mementos. I did buy one of these at the Lucha Libre show emblazoned with a wrestling mask, but I cannot remember a trip when I did not return with some piece of non essential adornment fabricated from metal and stone.

Like a magpie I am drawn to the cases, asking to see this item and that. At one case an adorable, young, hulking vendor shows me several bracelet choices. In the back of my mind I warn myself not to be distracted by his physical charms. Managing to keep my wits about me I get a great deal on a bracelet from the Latin Adonis. Upon a return trip 2 days later his cases are covered, his wares presumably locked up in the safe at the back of his stall. Consoling myself I think, "Maybe he wasn't that cute".

No comments:

Post a Comment