Monday, November 15, 2021

New York City - 10/07/80 - 7 P.M.

 Went for as drink last night with C (my host/2021) and Ch (one of her roommates). Bartender was a struggling actress (also a total delight). I became a little more comfortable with Ch (I feel he's probably the only one I could ever deal with on a constant basis). 

Today I ate donuts by the river on Riverside Drive and then rode the subway to 42nd Street. Discovered myself in the heart of the theatre district. Wild orgasmic sensations began. Spent two hours gaping at the Winter Garden, Miskoff, Helen Hayes et. al.  Fucked up some film by assuming there were 30 exposures instead of 24. Then, not knowing how to take the film out, I opened the camera to do so. Not a good idea I soon found out. 

Anyway, after getting through that catastrophe, I got my ticket to Shelly Berman's show tomorrow and then found myself at Rockefeller Center. Took a 30 block walk down 5th Avenue (feet said "ouch"). Beautiful street, mansions on and off 5th Avenue.

Stopped at the Frick collection. Beautiful and very well put together. Then went to the Met to discover that the gallery I wanted to visit was closed. The first time I'll be able to get to it is Thursday morning (before laundry and dancing). 

Bought postcards downtown on Broadway for 2 cents each and bought two prints ( one Whistler another Monet) at the Frick, then went to the Guggenheim. Bad museum for paintings because you're on a slant and the pictures are not. One wonderful painter with pictures that change as you move around them. A very nice impressionist collection including a goodly number of Picassos. One Van Gogh, HEAVEN! Fascinating building from an architectural stand point. Little touches such as arches and all that make it a little less sterile then it appears at first glance. 

Walked across Central Park trying to get a good Picture of Central Park West which was impossible because of the fence around N.Y.C. water supply (also fucks up views of  5th Avenue from the park.)  Tried (unsuccessfully) to find a black tie, will have to look again before the show tomorrow. 

We'll go into the Village tonight, maybe get the ticket to "Road" for Friday (providing the box office is open tonight.). Tomorrow we'll be doing something in the morning (maybe play in the Village) and then go see the show and go to C'S (my host) potluck in the evening. The Met on Thursday morning, laundry, a nap and dancing. Friday The Cloisters and Modern art Museum (if open) and maybe something else (the show in the evening).  Saturday shopping and general fucking around. Sunday lunch and then back home. 

The vacation is going so fast but I'm getting things together in my head and having a nice rest from work and Miss N (my roommate/2021). Will be much changed (read calmer) when I get home. Am actually missing the city and the people there although enjoying my visit and C's (my host/2021) company here.


2021- There are certain photographic memories one collects over the years. One of mine is sitting on that New York curb in the theater district, opening that camera, and realizing I had just screwed up the last few pictures on that roll of film.


No comments:

Post a Comment