Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Guadalajara 2019 - UBER Misadventure Part 2

The challenge of UBERing to the aquarium was equaled by the challenge of UBERing back. Apparently, the designated UBER pick up spot is not, as one might assume, in front of the aquarium where I had been dropped off, but in the parking lot to it's side. While looking for my ride a call came through on my phone. I could tell from the are code that it was local. I answered and a voice began speaking to me in rapid fire Spanish. It was the UBER driver. It soon became apparent that we were not communicating with one another effectively. A young woman smoking a cigarette strolled by. Anxiously I looked at her and said "English, Spanish?" She said "Yes", in English. I handed her my phone explaining that it was an UBER driver I was supposed to meet. She spoke with him for a few seconds and motioned for me to follow her. She led me to the parking lot and shortly I was ensconced in the back seat of the car returning, through the maze of streets that is Guadalajara, to the guest house. 

Thank you you bilingual woman, whoever you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment