Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mexico City - A Final Thought

My first visit to this massive metropolis was full of surprises, both good, and, sometimes, not so good. It is definitely a place that calls me back. It is fascinating, cosmopolitan and, importantly, affordable. I did not fully explore the massive Chapultepec Park and the museums that are located there. I would also like to experience the historic district at night.

I understand that the Mexican government is attempting to make the city more attractive to the gay traveler. I would be interested to see what they have proposed to do this.

It would also be interesting to see the completed district that was being constructed near my guesthouse. I would like to take day trips to the towns of Tasco and San Miguel de Allende. There are many places and areas left for me to explore, as well as places to experience again.

 

1 comment:

  1. Being a Catholic country, I am surprised they would be open to 'gay friendly' attempts. Do tell more.

    ReplyDelete