Wednesday, June 1, 2011

An Explanation

This past Christmas a friend gave me a "blank book" as a gift. When packing for the cruise I mentioned earlier, I, not really thinking about it or knowing why, picked it up and tossed it in my suitcase. Keeping a travel journal is not a disipline that I have ever practiced in the past. I don't know if the quiet time alone gave me space for reflection; although I was on the boat with two good friends I had a private cabin due to a snafu in our reservations; or the sight of the book began to make me feel guilty, but I began to write. Those notes from the cruise were my inspiration for creating Lucky Traveler 57. These entries, and entries from future trips, will be based on my journal notes during my travels. Past trips will, obviously, be written about from memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment